“Great service as usual! Friendly, informative, and reasonably priced. Thanks!”
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), young drivers, ages 15- to 20-years old, are especially vulnerable to death and injury on our roadways.Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers in America. Mile for mile, teenagers are involved in three times as many fatal crashes as all other drivers. Parents should familiarize themselves with the risks associated with young, inexperienced drivers. Learn more.
The Graduated Driver License programs, introduced in many states, addresses the risks young drivers face by requiring an apprenticeship of planned and supervised practice, followed by a provisional license that places temporary restrictions on unsupervised driving in some higher-risk situations.
Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) allows novice drivers to gain knowledge and driving experience under the supervision of an experienced mentor. To find out more about GDL, along with tips for keeping your teen driver safe, be sure to visit these web sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (www.iihs.org)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (www.nhtsa.gov)
- National Transportation Safety Board (www.ntsb.gov)
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety (www.aaafoundation.org)
- Buy Auto Insurance Traffic Safety Guide (www.buyautoinsurance.com/teen-driver-safety)
Another service of Eurasian Autoworks, caring for your car in Tilton, Belmont, Franklin, and Laconia, NH